James C. Munro
Phone: (814) 536-0735
Fax: (814) 539-1423
Jim Munro is a member of Spence Custer, where he began his career practicing law in 1976. He has, for the entire time, concentrated his practice on litigation and the defense side, spending most of his early career in civil litigation. For the past 20 years or so, Jim has concentrated his practice on workers’ compensation defense, representing a number of insurers, TPA’s and self-insureds. His practice covers a wide area geographically, from Pittsburgh to Harrisburg. He assists clients not only with claims litigation, but also claims management.
- Johnson v. WCAB (Dubois Courier Express) 631 A.2d 693 PA. Cmwlth. 1993
The case had first impression in the Commonwealth where a newsboy was found to be an independent contractor not covered by the Workers’ Compensation Act.
- 1976 to Present: Spence, Custer, Saylor, Wolfe & Rose, LLC
- 1976: Wake Forest University School of Law
- 1972: Pennsylvania State University
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- Cambria County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association